OBS Mailing List Summary, Week 52
Here is a summary of activity on the opensuse-buildservice mailing list during week 52:
Bernhard Voelker reported that, inside the chroot environment during
osc build, the
/etc/mtab file contains the entries of the outside
environment. As a result tools relying on that file (such as
- Coolo responded that build package has several code paths to create
/etc/mtab, but here’s what is probably happening:
cp /proc/mounts $BUILD_ROOT/etc/mtab chmod 644 $BUILD_ROOT/etc/mtab
Dirk Müller would prefer that OBS not send emails with all recipients
listed in the
To: field. This causes the discussion to happen in his
inbox, instead of in the request history. Also, he is having a hard
time filtering the discussions into a separate folder.
- Coolo is not willing to disable the feature, but if, at some point in the future, OBS gets a mail parsing feature, then munging of the
Reply-toheader will be possible. As for filtering, the subjects are already pretty long, but it is possible to add a unique tag. This won’t be an ideal solution, though, since Gmail has some limitations when it comes to filtering.
Koenraad Lelong posted about a segfault he is experiencing in his project. It builds fine for openSUSE 12.2 and openSUSE 13.1, but when he tries to build for openSUSE 12.3 (which is his real target), the build ends prematurely with “Segmentation fault”.
- Answer: Based on an anlysis of the logfile, the prevailing conclusion is that Koenraad’s program is crashing. The only solution is to debug the program.
Of late, Bruno Friedmann has been seeing more and more builds fail due to OOM (Out Of Memory). He would like to define minimum hardware parameters that the build worker must meet. Is this possible?
- Matwey V. Kornilov noticed that Bruno is building with
make -j4, which causes four gcc instances to run simultaneously. Perhaps if he changed that to
make -j1, the build would complete successfully.
- Dimitriy Perlow suggested using a
_constraintsfile. See http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2013-12/msg00124.html for details.