OBS Mailing List Summary, Week 12
Here is a summary of activity on the opensuse-buildservice mailing list during week 12:
Matwey is trying
to build locally using
lxc as a VM.
- Adrian confirmed that the lxc support in the build script is not working at the moment. Please use kvm, instead, if you are looking for a secure build.
Matthew has created a new project with two subprojects. One of the
subprojects requires the other subproject as a build dependency. To
represent this in the spec file, he is using
BuildRequires: lmdb, but the
build fails because it cannot find
- The solution is to use
thread, Damian writes that he can trigger a rebuild manually using
token --trigger but cannot get it to automate via github.
- Coolo looked in the OBS logs and confirmed that github did not try to connect at the times in question. Since others are using a similar setup to trigger update events via github, the problem is most likely in Damian’s configuration.
- Damian found the issue – he forgot to remove the quote characters from the token. These are required by
oscbut illegal on github.
This thread explores why a package could build fine and then enter into an “unresolvable” state after generating the package and package repo.
- In this case, the user was attempting to build an incompatible version of openssl. This would replace the system openssl package with one with a different major version. As a result,
libssh2will no longer find its dependency. He should use the distribution-supplied version.
that he created a
_link for the R language in
server:database:postgresql and set it to only build/publish for SLES. It built
successfully, but is not publishing to the repo.
- Andreas noted that the SLE_11_SP3 repository is still building. Publishing doesn’t start until all packages are built.