OBS Mailing List Summary, Week 13
Here is a summary of activity on the opensuse-buildservice mailing list during week 13:
plinnel reports getting a “cpio: open failed - Bad file descriptor” error when trying to build on OBS.
- Andreas Schwab spotted the error (missing BuildRoot) in the build log
Rick Liu noticed that, although OBS 2.4.6 has been built successfull, the binaries are still 2.4.5 – when will the 2.4.6 binary be made available?
- Adrian: when it is ready and tested
Now that he has his build working in the public OBS, Matthew would like to run it on a private instance. He has read the OBS bootstrapping documentation, but that doesn’t tell him how to populate his instance with the correct repositories for RHEL_6, etc. And what about Download On Demand?
- Adrian: Please start here for a new installation: http://openbuildservice.org/download/
- Download On Demand is not recommended, because it is incomplete. But OBS supports inter-connect which can be setup easily via a mouse click. That downloads all needed basic rpms from build.o.o when needed.
Matthew started another thread describing the trials and tribulations he encountered while bootstrapping his OBS instance.
- Henne suggested he look in the logs. That yielded the following message: “waiting for an event… retrying watcher for https://api.opensuse.org”
- Andreas noted that this should be
Adrian announced the release of OBS 2.4.6