OBS Mailing List Summary, Week 20
Here is a summary of activity on the opensuse-buildservice mailing list during week 20:
Damian had a problem with the tar_scm service checking out bazaar repos
from launchpad, but he solved it himself after finding an example on OBS
bzr tar_scrm service. See the
thread for details.
Liquider has a subproject where he is building binaries, but he wants to have these binaries published elsewhere (in the main project, in this case).
- Roman suggested that he look at
Rick noticed that
were moved into /configuration API as anonymous and registration. But he cannot
seem to configure these settings via the API.
- Stefan pointed him to the correct
Ruediger wants to know if it is possible to run a command from the
section as root.
- A very lively discussion ensued – see the full thread for details. In short, it is possible via a special setting, but probably not advisable.
Ruediger also wants to know if it’s possible to
BuildRequire a package without
installing all its dependencies? He just needs some headers.
- Jan and Andreas both answered that this indicates a need to split the package into subpackages. If there is a subpackage containing just the headers, this could be BuildRequired.
Michael announced that new build repository handling has been enabled for
home projects. OBS maintains an internal repo used for building (the “:full
useforbuild flag can be used to configure if built packages
are copied into the tree or not.
Andreas thinks something is wrong with the i586
Arch_Extra image – it is
continually in “unresolvable” state with “nothing provides gcc-libs =
4.9.0-2 needed by gcc”. The 64-bit version looks fine.
- Michael found the issue and triggered a re-sync.